Team Vicar: Witney Benefice Vacancy
Would you like to join our large and gifted ministry team? Are you energised by pastoral ministry and committed to the sacramental life?
If so, we are seeking a joyful priest to share our life in Christ. A key focus would be Hailey and Holy Trinity churches, but the benefice consists of five churches, six nursing/care homes and eleven schools around our beautiful market town and villages on the edge of the Cotswolds AONB.
We are praying for a priest who will:
- Have pastoral oversight for Holy Trinity and Hailey Churches, leading mission & renewal
- Oversee and develop pastoral care and encourage others to share in this across the benefice
- Have a deep commitment to the Eucharistic life and the Daily Office, whilst embracing a wide range of missional opportunities
- Share with the ministry team in drawing new members into our inclusive church community, nurturing those in our care with grace and compassion.
What we can offer:
- A large group of active church leaders, lay and ordained, committed to working in highly collaborative ways
- A place where food, fellowship and fun are cherished
- An excellent vicarage with four bedrooms, two ensuite, and good schools nearby
For an informal discussion, please contact the Team Rector, Toby (07789 741593 firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact The Venerable David Tyler (07961 726403 email@example.com)
For further information, please read the Witney Benefice Profile Oct 23 v1, and to apply, please visit the Pathways website
Closing date: Sunday 17th September 2023
Interviews: Interviews on 5th and 6th October 2023
DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required
The post comes with an excellent modern (2018) detached family home located on the new Windrush Estate, two miles west of Witney: 25 Clare Place Witney OX29 7AJ. There are four bedrooms (two ensuite) and a family bathroom. There is a large lounge, a study, large kitchen/dining room, separate utility room, detached garage, and driveway.
Here is a link to the Floor Plans and Elevations